Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pure deliciousness... Pesto Panzanella

Pesto Panzanella
I made this recipe the other night and fell in love with it.  It is so fresh and summery! I found out (yes, from Wikipedia) that a “panzanella” is a bread and tomato salad.  This one is just flat out delicious.  It is super fast and easy to make.  We ate it with grilled chicken…. YUM!
6 cups ¾-in rustic bread cubes
3 heirloom tomatoes, in 1-in chunks
3 thin slices from a large red onion, quartered
3 tbsp. snipped fresh basil
3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
2 tbsp. basil pesto
½ tsp sea salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste










<--check out this honkin’ gorgeous tomato!






Toast bread cubes on a baking sheet for 5-10 minutes at 450oF or until toasty and firm.  Let cool.

Place bread in a large bowl with tomatoes, onions and basil.  Stir together remaining ingredients, drizzle over the salad, and toss to coat. 


A few notes…. If this salad looks small, it is because I cut it in half.  Also, I used balsamic wine vinegar because I prefer it to white wine vinegar.  I found this recipe in one of my favorite cooking magazines, Something Extra.  This a great FREE magazine put out by Raley’s.   My favorite part is that it shows all the nutritional information!  Check it out online: http://www.raleys.com/cfapps/se_flash/something_extra_digital.cfm

ENJOY!

Joyfully yours,

Danielle

1 comment:

  1. a) Posting recipes is a great idea
    b) That looks *good* - I'm going to have to try it

    ReplyDelete