Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Choose Joy Tuesdays


Hi all!  Hope your weekend was excellent.  Today I am going to be starting something new… Choose JOY Tuesdays, inspired by this Pin I saw on Pinterest. 
 
Every Tuesday I will choose 3-5 things that are blessings in my life (or blessings in disguise) that I don’t always acknowledge.  Monday and Tuesday are my hardest days of the week so it will be like a little pick-me-up for the rest of the week.  Because it is true that we don’t always appreciate what we have until it is gone.  I don’t want to live like that.  I hope you will join me by commenting with something YOU are joyful for. 

These are the reasons I will choose joy today:

1)      I have been frustrated because I haven’t been able to get into all the classes I need at school to be full time.  This is the third week of school and I am still trying to get into a neurophysiology class and I don’t think I will.  But maybe this is just God’s way of not letting me get in over my head.  I will be joyful because this semester won’t be too stressful.

2)      I suffer a lot from tension headaches (about 5 a week).  This has caused me to feel angry/sad/think life is unfair.  However, I am so blessed to have family members who will gladly give me a massage, which greatly helps.  The doctor told me I should get weekly (I stretch this to about 2 weeks) professional massages, so I am thankful that I am able to afford them, because many people couldn’t!  Although they don’t make the headaches go away, these things help reduce the pain.  My friend Beks loves to wear perfume, but she doesn’t around me because she knows it makes my headaches worse.  So I’m thankful for her too!

3)      Sometimes I really hate technology.  I think it has a lot of negative effects on our culture.  BUT today I am thankful for technology cause it has allowed me to this awesome thing called starting a blog, which has been an enormous blessing.

Hoping you all are choosing joy today!

Joyfully yours,

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment