Wednesday, November 21, 2012

An abundance of blessings


In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I want to remember to be thankful.  Thankful for the people in my life, thankful for the food I have every day, thankful for the warm home I live in, thankful for my health.  Thankful that God has given me an opportunity to know Him and contentment that comes from this life.  Thankful for blue skies and sunshine, thankful for rain that waters the earth, thankful for beautiful flowers and fall leaves.   

Thought I’d share with you a lovely little list from here.

I am thankful for…

·        The taxes I pay because it means I am employed

·        The clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat

·        A lawn that has to be mowed, windows that have to be cleaned and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home

·        The spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking

·        The lady in church who sings off key because it means I can hear

·        The huge piles of laundry and ironing because it means loved ones are nearby

·        The alarm that goes off in the early morning because it means I am alive

In the stress of day to day life, it is so easy to become too busy to remember all the little things that mean so much.  Let’s take the time to be truly thankful for the gifts we have before it is too late.  Happy, HAPPY Thanksgiving!!

Joyfully yours,

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment