Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fall Scrumptiousness

Hey ladies!

Every time I go into Starbucks I am soooo tempted to buy a Pumpkin Scone because I am a huge fan of all things pumpkin.  I haven’t given in yet, but when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I had to try it.  I made some tonight and they were pretty darn good!  I think you should give ‘em a try!
 
Pumpkin Scones (originally from here)
2 cups flour
7 TBSP sugar
1 TBSP baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground clove
¼ tsp ground ginger
½ cup canned pumpkin puree
3 TBSP half and half
1 egg
6 TBSP cold butter, cubed

Glaze:

1 cup + 1 TBSP powdered sugar
2 TBSP half and half

In a large food processor combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.  Pulse to combine.  Add cold butter and pulse until well incorporated and mixture is texture of cornmeal. 

In a separate bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, half and half, and egg.  Add to flour mixture and pulse until combined.  Turn dough out onto a floured surface (my dough was extremely sticky at this point, so make sure your surface and rolling pin are well floured) and gently knead 4 or 5 times to bring dough together.  Flatten into 1” thick circle.  Using a pizza cutter, cut in half and then in thirds.

Place wedges onto greased baking sheet and bake at 425o for 14-16 minutes, until golden brown.  Remove to cooling rack.

Once cool, whisk together glaze and spoon on top.  Let harden for at least an hour. 

 
Sounds delish?  I think so!

Joyfully yours,

 
Danielle

 

2 comments:

  1. MM i love pumpkin, I will have to put this on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious. Cannot wait to try whipping these up. Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete