Friday, January 11, 2013

Southern Loving


Even though I spent most of my life in California, I still like to claim that my seven years (and my birth!) in Richmond, VA make me Southern.  I say “y’all”, wear cowboy boots and hats, and eat Southern barbeque.  Basically, I pretend that I am Southern. 

All my growing up years, I remember eagerly looking through my mom’s monthly issue of Southern Living.  I saved every single one of them and look through them (A LOT).   So when she stopped receiving them a few years ago, I was quite disappointed.  Luckily, I had year’s worth of them to continue to peruse. 

But guess what?

 

Yep, you guessed it.  I am the brand new “owner” of a Southern Living subscription.  I couldn’t believe it when it showed up WITH MY NAME ON IT.  Oh baby!  Here’s to many more years of “hey y’alls” and grits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment