Thursday, April 25, 2013

Turning the world upside down


source

 But the Jews who were not persuaded, becoming envious, took some of the evil men from the marketplace, and gathering a mob, set all the city in an uproar and attacked the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people.  But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some brethren to the rulers of the city, crying out, “These who have turned the world upside down have come here too."
                                                                                          - Acts 17:5-6
We were studying Acts 17 in my Sunday School class this week.  For some context, this is on Paul's second missionary journey when the Jews were trying to get the believers arrested.  It says that the believers were turning the world upside down.  Despite the fact that Paul was persecuted at every turn, he just kept going.

Wow.


I so want this verse to be true of me.  I don't want to just go with the flow.  I don't want to just sit back and be okay with the way things are.  I want to grow, to be better, to change the way people think and see.  I want to turn the world upside down when it sees how different the love of Jesus is from what we know.

I know this is only possible with God.  But I believe I can show the love of Jesus to the world.  No, not to everyone, but to my small corner of the universe.  We can all turn our own corner of the universe upside, by the grace of God.  If we let Him use us and work in us, we can move mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment