Monday, May 27, 2013

Fake It Til You Make It



source

I have been studying vocabulary words for the GRE and found this word:

Ersatz.  It means "fake."

It's a funny word, but the concept isn't so funny.  As humans, I think we are fake a lot of the time.  We are fake with our acquaintances.  We are fake with our friends.  We are fake with our family.  We are even fake with ourselves.  But there is one we can't fake it with: God. 

It's hard for me to admit to others that I'm not perfect.  I don't know everything. I'm not that cool.  It's even harder to admit that to myself.  I try to pretend that I am though.  Sometimes I go along with things that are cool even though I hate them.  I often pretend to be far more confident than I feel...I AM ersatz.

I love this quote:  Don't feel stupid if you don't like what everyone else pretends to love. 

So, so true!  We don't need to fake it because our Maker knows who we really are and He loves us anyway.  Why should anything else matter?   

No comments:

Post a Comment