Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summertime Purpose


I don't know about you, but I have already been having summer for weeks now.  But, surprise, it's not summer until Friday.  I have been busy doing my typical summer fare, which is not being busy at all.  I cook, I clean, I read, I run, I hang out with friends.  It's quite hard...not!  I don't care much for being lazy; I like to be scheduled and have something meaningful to accomplish.  I like to feel that I have a purpose.  While I might be accomplishing useful things when I'm cooking or cleaning or spending time with people, I have a hard time realizing that.  
 
 
via

 
Purpose.  It is important to have a purpose in life, to have a vision, to have meaning.  Our main purpose comes in living for God, of course.  God tells us that "where there is no vision, the people perish (Proverbs 29:18)."  Why is this?  Because if we don't have a vision of the glorious future in store when we follow God, we won't follow Him.  We will get sidelined.   We can lose purpose and then it is sure hard to get it back. We can feel discontent and aimless; I sure don't like to feel like that!  Even when I'm not in school or working, I can still remind myself that I have purpose:

To love God, to show Jesus to others, and to build a vision of the future.   

What is your purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment