Monday, June 17, 2013

Virginia is for Lovers


via
I'm in the homeland!  Or whatever they call it.  I'm assuming that homeland means the place you were born. I was born in Richmond, Virginia and lived here until I was seven years old.  So it's my homeland.  Though I am a California girl through-and-through now, I sometimes claim my Virginian heritage.  Mostly just so that I can keep saying Y'all.    

To find a picture for this post, I searched Virginia in Google Images (how else would I get good blog material??) and saw a lot of this...
 
via
 

This one is hilarious.  Just the place I want to be... summer learning!

Now, I ask you: What does this mean? Virginia is for lovers?  If anyone has any good information on why Virginia is so full of lovers, let me know.

Anyhoo, the reason I am here is to visit my grandparents.  It's been lovely so far.  I'm looking forward to lots of really hot, humid runs (whoop-de-doo!!).  Just kidding.  In all seriousness, I will be here for two weeks visiting my grandparents who are not doing too well and could use your prayers. 

P.S.  As I am posting this, it is 11 AM Virginia time and I just woke up.  Guess my body has a little readjusting to do!  I also experienced my first thunderstorm last night and it was scary!

2 comments:

  1. I am originally from the south but grew up in California too! Thunderstorms scare me even though I'm "from" the south. :) I'll keep your grandparents in my prayers this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! Guess we have a lot in common then :)

      Delete