Monday, June 3, 2013

You Love Me Anyway





I am Moses, afraid to speak out for God.

I am Peter, stepping out faithfully yet falling fearfully.
 
I am the disciples, sleeping instead of praying.

I am Sarah, disbelieving God's promises.
 
I am Lot, pitching my tent closer and closer to sin.

I stumble, I fall, but God's love for me just keeps pouring out.  He keeps picking me up, holding my hand, carrying me when I need it.  

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.  Ephesians 2:4-5.  

God doesn't love us because we are perfect children.  He loves us DESPITE the fact that we aren't.  His grace washes over us.  It makes my heart ache to think how many times I have hurt God, been unfaithful and ungrateful.  So praise God for that grace that we may be saved.  We have a hope! We have an opportunity! We have a blessing!  Let us not take that for granted.  
 
 
 

I am all of these things, but most importantly: 

I am a child of God.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment