Monday, August 5, 2013

Overcome


source

Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. -Romans 14:16
 

When I first saw this verse, I didn't really understand it.  I don't think of myself as calling good things evil.  I don't think of others calling things "evil" per se, either.  But really, we can do this when go along with those who mock righteousness.  Now, I can think of quite a few times that I have done this.  There are a lot of ways that people make fun of God's way.  God's way is so different than our culture around us.  In fact, God's way is just plain different from the human way. 

We do it when we sit back and ignore those who make fun of godly paths.  Maybe we even do it when we go along when other's actions go against God's way.  Even if we aren't the ones saying and doing the wrong thing, are we letting God's way be dirtied?  Let's remember to stand up for good.  Just think how we can change those around us if we stood up for God instead of ignoring evil.  Overcome evil with good.  

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. -Romans 12:21

No comments:

Post a Comment