Friday, November 15, 2013

Time to be Thankful.


Ahh... how I love Thanksgiving.  It is by far my favorite holiday.  What better way to feel joyful then to spend a whole day celebrating what you are thankful for??  I shared this list last year and want to share it again (not my own words, found it here).  This is so powerful to me because it is so easy to think of what we AREN'T blessed with instead of what we ARE.  

I am thankful for…
 
The taxes I pay because it means I am employed
 
The clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat
 
A lawn that has to be mowed, windows that have to be cleaned and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home
 
The spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking
 
The lady in church who sings off key because it means I can hear
 
The huge piles of laundry and ironing because it means loved ones are nearby
 
The alarm that goes off in the early morning because it means I am alive
 
 
I have also been doing some decorating around the house, in the spirit of remembering what this holiday is truly about.  What are YOU thankful for?


Our crazy pumpkins! (:

The "thankful corner" in our kitchen


The thankful basket... hopefully will be full by Thanksgiving!


The burlap banner I made.. I'm really disappointed that I couldn't get  a good picture of it. It says "Give Thanks"




The front porch!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment