Monday, December 16, 2013

What We Need


As many of you know, this weekend marked one year since the Sandy Hook shooting.  To this day, I can scarcely think about that day without tears.  I can't even begin to imagine myself in their shoes.  I am humbled and awed at their strength.  I hope this reminds you to tell the people you love how much you love them, while you have the chance.
 
 
I remember watching this video last year and feeling absolutely blown away by this father's words.
 
 
A year later, I watch this video and, once again, am incredibly moved by the strength of this family.  When I am feeling complacent and comfortable with this life, it is something like this that reminds me I need Jesus.  I NEED Jesus. We can talk about working together, loving everyone, and world peace, but without Jesus, there is no peace.  
 
While Emilie Parker's family gets a lot of publicity for their faith, please take the time to also remember the other beautiful children and teachers who died that day.  You can go here to find a list of all of them. 
 
Don't forget to thank God for all your blessings today. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment