Thursday, August 7, 2014

Stuff I Don't Get

 A couple weeks ago I read a "stuff I don't get" blog post and I thought it was pretty funny so I thought I'd make my own. Hope some of these resonate with you...

Things I Just Don't Get:


Stiletto nails. I'm sorry, but if your nails look like claws, that's just plain creepy.


And on that note, midi rings. I feel like they always look like they're going to fall off. Also, I think only a few people could pull them off.

The term "play date." I don't know if this is a new thing or just a California thing, but I have never heard anyone from my generation's parents call it that. Thank you, Mom!


People who just throw all their dishes into the dishwasher. There is a right way and a wrong way to load the dishwasher, and you are doing it wrong. If you need help, go ask your mom.  


Swiffers. A Swiffer is not, I repeat, NOT a mop. It doesn't replace mopping and it doesn't do a good job cleaning your floor. I understand that is an easy way to get rid of a spill, but it doesn't replace mopping with a real mop and bucket.

Bump dates/over the top pregnancy announcements/weekly updates/etc: I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings but doesn't it just go a little over the top sometimes? I am so happy you love your children, but we don't need to know what food you are craving and what color their poop is.  

Along those lines: gender reveal parties. I think is something pretty new and I hope this trend goes away quickly!


Beauty pageants: Ok, I know that beauty pageant-ees or whatever the heck you call them say that it's about more than looks, but come on.  Looks are what get you there and throwing in a talent doesn't change it.  I thought our society had come farther than this.

Lastly, leggings. I know these have been around awhile but let's stop pretending they're pants.

So here is a little list of things that I think are pretty weird. If you like these things, that's okay too! What things do you agree with? What stuff do you just NOT get?? (-:



No comments:

Post a Comment