Tuesday, April 21, 2015

From the Mouth of the Husband

Ya'll seemed to enjoy reading my side of the story of meeting my husband for the first time. The idea came to me to ask Daniel to write about his version. I thought for sure he would say NO but he said yes!! What a guy... love him. 

P.S. Isn't it cute how every sentence ends with an exclamation?? (-:

So my first guest post: Our story according to Daniel...


A picture I took of him on his first California visit (:
I met Danielle at Vancouver Island Bible Camp, I hadn't originally planned on going at all I was really busy that week with planning on moving all of my stuff from my apartment in Vancouver over to Victoria, but I decided to show up on Sunday anyway! I met Danielle briefly the day I got there and I thought she was pretty cute! I know almost all the young people from our church in the area so I noticed her right away!


I’m a little shy so I had to work up the courage to really talk to her. I decided to come back on Monday just to make sure that I would get a chance to talk to her. I think it was sometime after lunch that we both ended up hanging out on the dock with a few other people, I struck up a conversation with her being the suave guy that I am (totally not!) We hit it off and I enjoyed spending the next couple hours talking with her and also hanging out with her for most of the rest of the week. We sat together for every meal and class! I would disappear for a bit every now and then to hang out with other people and play games and sports just to make sure that I wouldn't seem too clingy or anything!


I’m not saying that I stayed because I enjoyed being with her or anything but I totally did! I completely neglected moving all of my stuff out which was supposed to be going on the whole week, and instead after Bible School was over, rushed back to Vancouver to pack everything up as quickly as possible, which consisted mostly of shoving things into boxes and throwing them into the back of my brothers truck!


What happened next?

I was a wuss so I had to tell her over facebook that I really liked her. We kept messaging back and forth for a while...by a while I mean like the next couple weeks and then I ended up booking a flight to California to visit! We had an amazing time together and even made a small trip to San Francisco...the rest is history as they say!




No comments:

Post a Comment