Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A Taste of Summer

Sweet, sweet summertime. Although I don't enjoy going outside in the blistering 100 degree heat of the afternoon, there is nothing better than hot summer evenings. I love to be outside as much as possible after the sun starts going down. We enjoy going on walks at dusk or going to the park.

Pesto Panzanella
In summer, I love to grill outside. Hot dogs piled with relish, watermelon and berries on the side? Yum! I also love having fresh summery foods, like this tasty, tasty bread salad. Pesto is honestly so good. I love adding fresh herbs to my foods!


Right now, Daniel and I are visiting my grandparents in Richmond, VA. Walking around outside we saw a glorious creature... the firefly! I SO wish we had fireflies in California. Aren't they just so magnificent? Something about seeing them just takes me straight back to being a little kid, catching fireflies and putting them in a jar. 

Another great part of summer? Sleeping in ((sometimes)). I am in summer school, but we have had two weeks off so it's nice for the chance to sleep past 6 am! Daniel and I haven't quite gotten off California time so we are sleeping in very late. Oh well... I enjoy lazy summer days. With school going year around, I don't get much of a chance for lazy days. 

Speaking of lazy days, I still haven't found a really good book to read. I've read several so far but didn't enjoy them all that much. Any suggestions? We are headed to the library today so hopefully I will find something good.

In the summer, I also love trying new workouts. I don't run as often because it is so hot outside. I've been doing some dance workout videos as well as other workout videos from Popsugar. I also have been doing some great circuits that I found on Pinterest. You can check out my "happy and healthy" board here. I am also doing the 30 day squat challenge. I did it several years ago and I couldn't believe how strong my legs were when I finished!

All in all, our summer bucket list is going pretty well. We've checked off several items and once Daniel's back heals, we can check off even more! What fun things are you doing this summer?

P.S. Thanks for praying for Daniel. As far as he can tell, all his sciatic pain is completely gone. He is healing really well and feeling SO much better. Praise God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment