Friday, June 12, 2015

Meal Plan

I have found that meal planning is a great way to save time and money. I try to be somewhat frugal when it comes to our meals, while still making food that is exciting and tasty. One way to do that is plan meals that you already have a lot of the ingredients for. I also try to fix things like pasta with meat, to still get protein but with a smaller amount of meat. Sometimes I even add tofu to the pasta. To make them healthier, I prefer to use whole wheat pasta. 

It also helps to choose recipes with some of the same ingredients. For example, I chose two recipes that use mozzarella so that I can save money by just buying one type of cheese.

Since there are just two of us, I usually make recipes that will have leftovers to take for lunch the next day! That way, we save a lot of cash on lunches because each meal I make really feeds us for two meals. Cheese is probably the most expensive ingredient I end up spending money on... but I just can't live without it!

Sunday

Zucchini Ricotta Gnocchi

via
One of Daniel's coworkers brings us huge zucchinis every week so I've been looking for tasty new ways to fix zucchini.

Monday

Sweet Potato and Kale Pizza

via

One of my tried-and-true favorites. Sweet potatoes are cheap, my mom grows kale, and the pizza dough is so simple! What could be better?
Tuesday

Tuna Patties

via

I LOVE tuna and it is awesome because cans of tuna are just so cheap! 
Wednesday

Healthy Fettuccine Alfredo with Cauliflower Sauce and Peas

via

I've never made this before but it looks so tasty! I'm eager to try the cauliflower sauce!
Thursday

Breakfast Burritos

via

My hubs is going to love these! We already have most of the ingredients so I really will just need to buy ham for this recipe.

Friday

BLT Chopped Salad

via
Goat cheese is expensive, but it is just so good. When I splurge on it, I put it on pretty much every meal I make, so it will be well used. Avocados are typically on sale this time of year and we have a stash of bacon in the fridge already... Yum! 

Saturday

Carne Asada Tacos

I don't have a recipe for this one but I like to throw peppers, onions and carne asada into the skillet with a little olive oil for a tasty taco filling. Sprinkle a little lettuce and leftover cheeses onto 'em and you have an easy little meal.

What's on your meal plan for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment