Friday, July 17, 2015

Destination... Home?

If you could go anywhere right now, where would you go?

I've never been much for traveling. I have never been outside of the US and Canada (although I have traveled quite a bit within the US). I don't really like hotels-- I think it is somewhat gross to stay in the same place thousands of people have stayed. I don't like to use other people's showers and kitchens. Being gone for more than a week or so makes me long for the comforts of home. Do I sound a little picky? I suppose I do.

However, that doesn't mean that I don't want to travel at all, I just don't have the urge to go backpacking across Europe for weeks or ?? I just want to do it... slowly. With this writing prompt, I actually am hard pressed to think of a place that I've been dying to go, because there really isn't one. 

So where would I go?

I don't know! One thing I think would be really neat would be to go to each of the 50 states. I live in a country full of wonderful places that I would like to explore. 

I did a google search on the best places to travel and I stumbled across a list of the "top" 25 (in their opinion). The two places that jumped out to me on the list were the Bahamas and Jerusalem. The Bahamas because they look gorgeous and relaxing and Jerusalem because my husband wants to take me to Israel! I've been to New York and San Francisco and now I'm done with big cities.

Looks pretty good to me! (-:
One thing I DO know: when I'm on vacation, I don't like to be rushing around. I don't want to tour a thousand museums or hike every mountain. Life is busy enough, I don't want vacation to feel stressful. When I vacation, I like to eat and relax. So maybe one of those all inclusive resorts is the place for me. Or maybe, I should just stay home. 

So where have you been dreaming of going?

No comments:

Post a Comment