Friday, July 3, 2015

Just Press Call

There are a lot of things about technology that I think have had a negative impact on our society. But there are a lot of good things about it too.

I'd say my favorite thing about technology is the way I can so easily communicate with people I care about who are far away. Daniel and I both have a lot of far away family, as well as friends through church who live all over the country (and other countries too!) The best thing about my iphone is that you can message anyone who has an iphone (which is a lot of people!) without having an international plan. 

When Daniel and I were in a long-distance relationship, the resources available for us to communicate were amazing. We mostly talked on Skype and Facetime, but we also used iphone messenger all the time, for free! It's really just amazing to me that there are so many free ways to keep in touch with people all over the world. We even used to have "Skype dates" where we could talk on Skype while watching the same movie on Netflix. How's that for a date?? (-:

Thankfully now Daniel and I don't have to be separated by hundreds of miles, but it's still nice to be able to instantly talk to our family and friends all over the world. Yes, there are a lot of things that I dislike about how technology is taking over the world, but the communication tools it provides are definitely invaluable. 

What's your favorite thing about technology? 

No comments:

Post a Comment