Thursday, December 31, 2015

In 2016

As 2016 begins, here are some things that I would like to see accomplished in my own life. These aren't resolutions, exactly, because my resolutions I usually set to be small and measurable. These are more like reflections on what I want to focus on in the new year. 



A bad habit I'm going to break: I'm going to be working on breaking my addiction to my iPhone. As with most of the planet, I check my phone about 948248 times a day. I want to stop being so connected to my phone and more connected to those around me!

A new skill I'd like to learn: Might sound crazy, but I am hoping to learn to knit socks. We'll see how that goes, as I don't know how to knit a stitch.  

A person I hope to be more like: I hope to be more like the person I want to be. That is a person who is patient, filled with compassion, on fire for God. A person who always put others first and who never backs down when it comes to showing the love of Jesus. 

A place I'd like to visit: I'd like to go driving along highway 1 with Daniel. I've driven along small portions of it and it was so gorgeous. I know Daniel will love it, especially driving in his Camaro (: 

A book I'd like to read: a few on my list: Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas, Better than Before by Gretchen Rubin, and For the Love by Jen Hatmaker. 

I'm going to do better at: having patience. One of my biggest struggles is being patient. I'm going to work on this, especially in the area of my patience with others. 

So what's on your heart for 2016? Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment