Tuesday, January 26, 2016

God is in Control


As I mentioned before, I've been doing a lot of yoga on youtube. I like yoga a lot, and today our mantra was I am in control. We were supposed to say it over to ourselves and finish the phrase: I am in control... she continued by filling in I am in control of my life, my destiny, what I eat, what I do. 

It struck me as a little sad. I don't want to be control of my life and my "destiny". If I was in charge, it would be a complete disaster. When I repeated the phrase, I kept saying to myself, God is in control.

Thank goodness I am not. 

It got me to thinking, I'm so thankful that we have a great God who is in control. I'm so thankful that He is perfect and He always has the best plan in mind. For your life, for my life. 

Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand. Proverbs 19:21

The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps. Proverbs 16:9

So, when you feel overwhelmed with life and think you need to have things in control, remember that God is in control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment