Friday, June 17, 2016

You Don't Have to Hold Up the World



You know those days, or weeks, when you feel like you have to hold up the world? I know the feeling. But the thing is, you can't hold up the world. The great thing is, you don't have to! 

Lately, I have been feeling a little heavy because I want to be able to take care of all the people I love. I want to do everything and take of everyone. I want everyone to know the Gospel, I want to keep my house clean and organized, I want to be a good example to those around me. I want to get straight As and be the best physical therapist in the room. It might come as a surprise to you, but I just can't do it! Ha! And all the things you are desperately doing to hold the world up just won't work either.

I read this passage last night with Daniel: So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

It's so reassuring. I know that I talk about it a lot, but it's still true. I heard a song called "Sparrow" by Jason Gray the other day. The chorus verse says "If He can hold the world, He can hold this moment." I love that! Isn't it so amazing that God cares about the little moments in our lives? The scary ones, the sad ones, the joyous ones, the broken ones. Even though in the scheme of the world, our problems are so small, God still holds them. 
It's times like these that I feel sad for those who don't believe. How do they get through those "hold up the world" moments without having an awesome God to trust in? 

I hope this reminder will help you as the week ends. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment