Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Years are Short


Considering my deep love of this quote, I feel like I've probably already written a post about it. I didn't bother to look couldn't find it, so I figured, what the hey? I'll write another.

Don't you just feel that way? It just resonates so much with me. I wake up and feel as if I have endless hours that day. I can go to work and exercise and relax and spend time with Daniel and meet a friend at Starbucks and do lots of Bible study, right? Then I get off work at 5 and those countless hours seem a little shorter, but I still feel like I have lots of time to do what I want. Then it's 10 pm and Daniel's asking me if I'm ready for bed. Sometimes I have been so busy with meaningless activities that day, I wish so desperately to take the day back.

I can't believe it's already June and then realize that July is more than halfway done. The days are long, but the years are short. Have you done what matters today? Did you do it yesterday or the day before? Did you appreciate your spouse or your kids or your friends? Did you appreciate your health and your body and your home? Did you?

Or did you wish that your kids were a little older, you had to work a little less, you were a little skinnier and your spouse was a little more loving? Did you wish you had a bigger house, a fancier car, or designer clothes? 

I'm not sure if my message is coming across clear here, but I hope what you take away is this: don't to waste your days. These are the only days you will ever have. Fill them with what matters to you. Make them meaningful. Cling to the good. If that is family or love or friends or video games or exercise or work or play, choose that. Fill your life with those things. 

And then there's this video:



Tears. Seriously, so many tears. Hold on, my friends. I hope you will find what matters and make it count each and every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment