Wednesday, September 7, 2016

5 Ways to Find Balance

If you're anything like me, you have a ton of things to do every. single. second. Balancing school, work, God, family, friends, chores, exercise, and just life in general can become nearly impossible. Here are some ways that I attempt to find balance as I muddle through this adventure of life! 


1. Prioritize. This one seems fairly obvious, I suppose, but I think it can often be forgotten. Prioritizing what is most important to you at the beginning of each day can really help to make sure that you don't feel like you've accomplished nothing. If you get only the big things done each day, I find that the little things will fall into place. 

2. Turn off the phone. We are so constantly bombarded with the need to be on top of what is going on right this second that it really can detract from our ability to focus in the moment. Disconnecting from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc, can really help you to focus on the task at hand and complete it more quickly (by the way, as I was typing this I quickly checked Instagram for 10 minutes). 

3. Take time for yourself. It might seem counter-intuitive, but taking time to relax and enjoy life can energize you to go about your life with renewed vigor. Taking time for yourself might mean a good book, a walk, time with friends, or anything that makes your soul happy. 

4. Laugh. As the saying goes, laughter is the best medicine, and I think it's absolutely true. Don't you just feel so much more balanced when you are happy? I know I do. There's something about laughter that just loosens you up and makes you more ready to face life. Find a way to laugh, a deep belly laugh that makes you feel really alive! 

5. Remember that you will never be perfectly balanced. Sorry, but you just won't. You'll have days where you don't get a thing done. You'll have days when you eat badly and watch Netflix all day and don't fix dinner or exercise. Those days will happen and to really find peace, you'll have to accept them and even embrace them. 


I'm not sure that this is exactly "balance" but I thought it was funny (: 

These are ways that I personally find balance. How do you find balance? 

No comments:

Post a Comment