Thursday, November 10, 2016

God is Still God and God is Still Good

In the wake of the tense election, I think everyone is reeling a bit by the choices that have been made. I've seen Christians do two things: A) remind everyone that God rules in the kingdoms of men or B) ask why God would let this happen. I think it I were a non-believer, I'd be a little bit skeptical. Why would God let a guy like Trump be President? 

The answer is: I don't know. But last time I checked, God doesn't need to run things by me before they happen. And do you know what else? We might all be stunned by what happened, but God is not. 

This is what I do know. God did not choose Trump to be leader (or even Hillary, for that matter) because he is such a stand up guy and is going to turn America to God again. It might actually be surprising to some, but God's ultimate plan is not to "make America great again". God's plan is to bring HIS kingdom. 

His mercies are new every morning. 
Whether Trump will be the President that brings America to it's knees, I do not know. Whether he will be the President who will make the world so messed up that the Kingdom will come, I do not know. 

All I can say is that I know that Trump is simply another player in God's big plan. As Christians, whether we like Trump/Clinton should simply not matter. Trump is going to be President because God has put him there, and I won't question it. Do I love Trump? NO! Do I love Clinton? NO! But I absolutely love God's plan. 

This is what I do know beyond a shadow of a doubt: God is STILL God and God is still GOOD. 

2 comments: