Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Christmas-y Reflections

As I write this, I am lying in a comfy bed in a place called Ucluelet, BC, on a mini vacation with Daniel's parents. I look out my window and it is anything but cozy. All night I have heard the roar of heavy winds, rain and the occasional hail. I'll admit that I have a very irrational fear of wind and was terrified all night. Yet, when the morning finally dawned, I felt so much less afraid. Why does the dark make everything so much scarier?

It got me to thinking how thankful I am to have a safe place to stay. There are so many who don't. I'm thankful to have food to eat this morning and a rain jacket to keep me dry once I venture outside. I'm thankful that I can go into the kitchen and get water and that my biggest struggle is that we have to drink out of a bottle because the tap water isn't safe. Even in a secluded cabin in the woods, I manage to get wifi so that I can write my blog and check my Instagram.


So while I might be a little bummed that I can't get a Starbucks, I remember that life is so good. Life is actually so great. I am on vacation with my husband. I don't have to worry about anything. There is no schoolwork to do and while we are away, there is also no housework to do.
 
My life feels so full and I hope yours does too. Wherever you are, whatever you do, I hope that your life feels full. I hope that you will remember your blessings and minimize the things that hurt you. If you think you aren't blessed, trying thinking about your life from a different perspective. There is always something to be thankful for.  

I hope that you will reach out a hand to your neighbor in need. I hope that you will shine as a light for Jesus to the world around you. 

I hope you will take every single moment and soak it up! Merry Christmas week!  

2 comments: