Friday, February 24, 2017

It's Raining, It's Pouring

Have you heard about the weather in California lately? It's been a little... rainy. I'm thankful for the rain, I really am, but it can be a little tiresome. But the great thing is, for every few rainy days, we seem to get a few bright days! There truly is a silver lining to every cloud.


When it is raining and we're stuck inside, here are some ideas that we like to do:

1. Watch something on Netflix and cuddle. Honestly, why am I even putting this on the list because isn't that what everyone does??

2. Make food together. It could be dinner for you, dinner for someone, a yummy treat, whatever! It's fun to whip something up with your spouse/family.

3. Play a board game. This never used to be my go-to, but I really enjoy a good game now. My favorite? Pandemic!

4. Read a book. Daniel and I do this together sometimes, but it's also fun to do with your kids. I used to read books with my siblings! Read a fiction book you are all interested in or a book about the Bible.

5. Go to a bargain store and pick out something small. There is  TJ Maxx close to us and sometimes we like to go there and buy little things for our house! 

6. Go to the library! Who does love a good trip to the library? It's one of my favorites.

7. Put on your rainboots and walk/play in the rain. I think it's so cute that when it rains, my youngest siblings rush out there with their boots and jackets. As long as you are prepared, it's kind of fun to dance in the rain!

8. Paint or draw together. Daniel and I have done this in the past and despite our lack of artistic skills, it can be pretty fun. 

9. Look at Pinterest! We like to look at the humor pins together or look at house stuff and dream about the future.

10. Go bowling or roller skating! Just a warning though, everyone else might have the same idea! (-:

What are some of your favorite rainy day activities?

No comments:

Post a Comment