Tuesday, April 11, 2017

You Can Do It

I started my last clinical rotation last week. I must admit, I had no idea that it would be the way it is (ie working looonger than 8 hours and hardly having a break). There are a lot of things that I like (the patients, the job, the people I work with), but it's just so dang hard to keep up. 


Three days into the job, with my frustration and anxiety bubbling up more each day, I had a complete little breakdown on Wednesday night. My ever-so-patient husband listened while I explained all the things that I wanted to do (blogging, embroidery, Bible study, exam prep, running, spending time with my loved ones) that I suddenly did not have time for. I couldn't stop crying or feeling so anxious. It felt so overwhelming. I suddenly was reduced to working, eating, and sleeping. 

But you know what Daniel said to me after it all? He said, Danielle, lot's of people work more than this. At first, this made me super annoyed. It's just so awesome when your complaining is interrupted, right?! But then, I had a little attitude adjustment and was able to see this as the wise statement that it was. 

This might be hard, and it might not be exactly what I want. But there is always a way through it, if it must be done. 

There are those days. When you feel overwhelmed, overworked, under-cared-for, exhausted, lonely, whatever. I'm so thankful for the people who are there to support me on those days. Like my mom, who made my the beginning of this week so much better by surprising me with a delicious lunch, helping us look for a new rental home, and bringing me (and my boss!) coffee at work! Or my friends Holly and Forrest, who kindly spoiled us while we stayed with them for a visit this weekend. Or my awesome hubs, who goes above and beyond to help me out around the house and listens to my rants. 

If you are having one of those breakdown, overwhelmed, ugly days-- I pray that you will see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope that you will give yourself a little grace but not wallow in self-pity. I hope that someone will be there for you the way my people are there for me. And if there is anything I can do to help, please leave me a comment below or send me an email. 

No comments:

Post a Comment